Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thoughts on Tom Hiddleston


I first saw Tom Hiddleston act in Thor (2011) as Loki, Thor’s brother.

I was drawn to his actions, the way his face displayed the emotions that his character went through in the course of the film, the gestures he did (like when his character, Loki, was in the palace with the Warriors Three and Sif and they were talking about Thor’s banishment while Loki was looking at and carefully touching his hand [the hand which the Frost Giant touched] ...and he was looking at it strangely).

I also like the way his voice changed throughout the movie, from silkily suggesting to Thor to go against Odin’s command, to pleading to Odin regarding his actions (“I could have done it! For you, for all of us..!”)


Anyway, I researched on Tom Hiddleston to know more about this actor and I came across lots of articles about him.  It turns out that Mr. Hiddleston and Mr. Kenneth Branagh (the director of the film, Thor) previously worked together in a show called Wallander.  Tom Hiddleston played Kenneth Branagh’s sidekick, Magnus.  I checked out the synopsis for the show since I am not able to watch it where I am.  I don’t have access to PBS.

I guess this picture sums up my feeling of not being able to watch it. O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment